Sunday, April 12, 2015

Blog

Test Taking 
Before a test always like to plan ahead set some time aside for my studying so that I know I can be prepared. Also if reviews are available I will print that ahead of time so I can study hard and be confident on the day of the test. 
During the test I like to chew gum because studies show that the chewing motion from chewing gum gets blood flowing to the head, which researchers say improves memory. The effect only lasts a few minutes, but can give students an advantage in some ways. Also during the test before I begin any of the questions I like to write down in advance any formulas or definitions I can recall from memory. That way if I forget something while test taking I won't have to worry as much. A third thing I take a habit of doing while taking a test is checking my work, this clarifies and helps me feel more confident in my work and once I feel I have made my best effort I can turn in my test. 
During this semester I used the method of writing down my formulas in advance while taking my test, this helps me just incase I go blank and forget something while test taking. I also like to chew gum during test or have something in my mouth to keep the blood in my brain flowing so I don't go sidetrack. I think that another method I use is using my resources by completing the review and using the review solutions that are available on canvas to check my work.
Academic integrity to me means that you are holding yourself accountable and maintaining your grade being honest in your work and achieving your goals. 
To have academic integrity I think you must honest and responsible this is important to student success because you are taking accountability of your own actions and being respectful of your peers and teachers.  I think academic integrity also shown a students understanding in what they would like to accomplish not only in school but in life. The effort you put forth into your work shows what kind of student and what kind of person you are, and to be successful as a student motivation is a key part.as a student I try my best to achieve good grades, and I do my best in making sure they are achieved properly. I feel accomplished when my grades that I worked for pay off because of my own academic integrity. I like to be honest in my work cheating is never the answer and cheating gets you nowhere in life. Motivation is also a big factor I think in integrity not only do I have motivation because I am paying the money to achieve an education but because one day I would like to have a career where I know my grades paid off and all those long nights studying and preparing paid off. I also take responsibility of all my actions which I think is a big part of academic integrity and I believe honesty and commitment is what makes a great student. Commitment to grades and commitment to becoming a better student is how one can be successful.

No comments:

Post a Comment