Sunday, March 1, 2015

Blog # whatever

Marcus basketball through the years My freshman and sophomore years at Marcus high school were the most exciting I think for basketball or maybe even sports at that school. That is when our boys basketball team took home the 5A state championship title two years in a row, yea back to back. Not to mention that the now NBA rookie Marcus Smart (funny how the school and him ended up having the same name) was apart of their success. There was heavy criticism of our school concerning mainly Marcus. They accused the team of recruting Marcus, and there were many different rumors but that didn't stop our drive to greatness. My junior year was kind of a sucky year I played basketball since like the third grade I wasn't very good at first but I worked my way up went to training and also practiced a lot more. Bastketball became fun for me and I learned to love not only the game but the whole idea. I loved to watch it on television dreaming about becoming a star player on a big college team, and I loved playing it. Basketball was my one love, but it started to head towards a dead end. The summer just before my junior year I injured myself leading to the end of my basketball career. I had to go through numerous hours of therapy and that is where I began to know what I wanted to do with my life. I wanted to become a physical therapist for athletes. I wanted to help them prevent injury and teach courses and better ways to train in order to devolp the body without straining it. I wanted to eliminate the factor that I and many other athelites have to suffer, injury. So my senior year due to the difficulty and scaring that my torn ACL and meniscus caused I decided that basketball was what I no longer chose to pursue. Being a student athlete is difficult as well as exhausting. So I decided to quit, my senior year I was still apart of the team I would. Just not pursue my dream of playing at a university. My senior year in basketball we made it all the way to third round but lost and that was the end. I will add to this. Blog in my next post😉

No comments:

Post a Comment