Thursday, October 30, 2014

Movie worksheets

Shattered Glass Prompt/ Quiz

I think that the actions of Stephen Glass were handled properly by firing him. His actions can be forgiven but I feel that a man like Glass would continue to do the same thing over again he would lie compulsively and if you continue to forgive him and move on without consequences you would let him make a fool of you, and you would be fooling yourself. I think that all the editors responding appropriately by backing the editor. Glass was given second chances but he chose to ignore those and continue to lie and make up stories. I think that the suggestion by one of the new republics staff to get Stephen Glass help was a good idea it seemed to me that Glass and some problems mentally. Because I feel that someone who lies knows when they've been caught in the lie but Glass continued with the lies never giving up on him made up story finding anything to make it seem true in his head. If I was an editor at another magazine similar to the New Republic, no I would not hire him because of the sole fact that the majority of the facts and stories he comes up with are false. If this were a magazine that talks gossip Glass would be perfect for the job, but that’s not the case. If I was on the committee that needed to approve Glass to become a lawyer I would disapprove as well. In law today lawyers are only concerned for their clients, even if the client is 100% guilty they will find ways to get them out of anything. So I would not allow Glass to go on as a lawyer because of his skill at lying and we don't need any more of that in our government. Forgiveness doesn't always require giving someone a second chance as I Christian I am obligated to sincerely forgive and not to hold grudges. So yes I will always forgive but that doesn't necessarily mean I will trust that individual. If I were to continue to give Glass 

No comments:

Post a Comment