Thursday, October 30, 2014

How I Learn/LASSI



My Keys to Success

Studying comes not so easy to me, I actually have to put time and effort into what I am learning in order for it to stick. Me personally I can not just look at a list of words and memorize them in 10 to 15 minutes, I would have to make up a game or constantly rewrite the word and It's meaning, or even drawing pictures can help sometimes. I have a short attention span, although I am not diagnosed with ADD, I do believe that I have some of those characteristics. While studying I must try and keep focus and use study tack ticks that can keep my attention, that is why I am glad I participated in the LASSI report. By taking this test I learned some interesting things about myself, one that my studying strategies need some improvement mainly in the areas of information processing, attitude, test strategies, and concentration. LASSI shows that my best study characteristics are handling anxiety, motivation, self-testing, finding the main idea, using study aids, and time management. Over all taking LASSI helped me by showing me what I am doing right with my study skills such as my time management I know that personally I need to set a certain amount of time aside just for studying, along with selecting the main ideas meaning I know where to find all the materials needed to study and exactly what to study for a test. The areas LASSI says I struggle most with I agree are areas do need to improve. The attitude scale shows that basically I do not believe that college is relevant or important which is completely false, my education is very important to me and I know where I want to go in life and I am very serious about my future. My scores also show that I scored low in Information Processing saying that I need to improve the way I use imagery, verbal elaboration, organization strategies, and reasoning skills. I think this strategy is effective and I could learn too apply more  understanding to what I am learning. The positive effects using these test strategies can provide is helping me improve the way I learn and faster ways for me to develop the knowledge. The negative effects may include not accurately understanding all my rights and wrongs with studying and also how to use these strategies more effectively to my understanding. I'm may not include all of these strategies next time I prepare for a test but I will consider them to help me improve my grades and hopefully I can become a better test taker as well. I hope to use these strategies and become better at preparing for tests in the future. My understanding of my scores can improve my studying in other classes as well by informing me that these strategies can be relevant to all my study habits in any course. Now I know what ways I learn best and what areas I need to improve in order to become better at preparing for tests.

No comments:

Post a Comment