Wednesday, December 3, 2014

Journals cont.

In Class Writing Prompts

Would you rather vacation in Paris or take a three week trip down the Amazon?
I think I would rather take a trip to Paris rather than spend three weeks in the Amazon. Both would be amazing opportunities but for my preference I think I would enjoy Paris more. I love art and I have always dreamed of visiting the Eiffel Tower. As well I would love to go shopping in Paris and explore the city. The Amazon also sounds like a wonderful experience but although I think the outdoors are beautiful I am just not a fan of bugs or trees because of my allergies. I absolutely hate bugs; I think the only bugs I can like tolerate are the ones that don't exist. So Paris is the vacation I would rather take and enjoy.

Does shopping cause people to spend more money?
Yes I do think that shopping causes people to spend more money. I was actually in this exact situation a few days ago, when I went shopping. I went to the mall last weekend, expecting only to buy a couple of things but when I came back to my car hours later I was leaving with about 5 bags worth a total of around $200. And I also put some things on hold in one store because I ran out of money, yes it’s sad. But these things happen, and some people with more obsessive shopping habits are far worse than I am. I don't have an addictive personality at all, as I like to think, but being in the mall shopping seeing all these different sales is very persuasive and luring. You believe you are getting a good deal and stores want you to think that so then once you save money on an item you can spend it on more of their merchandise. But that is just my take on things, in all I do agree that shopping whether it’s online or in a store causes people to spend more money than they originate to.

No comments:

Post a Comment